Golf Competition - Tuesday 28th May
A unique experience awaits ISSA’s keen golfers: the ISSA Invitation Golf Day.
This is to be staged on Tuesday 28th May 2013 at the oldest golf course in the world: The Royal Blackheath Golf Club www.royalblackheath.com
The aim of this standalone event is to offer ISSA Members the opportunity to invite their important customers to a once-in-a-lifetime golfing experience the like of which they will never forget.
To be held at the world’s oldest golf club – The Royal Blackheath – to the south of central London, the day will start with “bacon butties” upon arrival.
The aim of the competition is for groups of 4 to tee-off so our idea is for the ISSA Member to have 3 of his or her most important customers as a foursome for this memorable occasion.
Lunch will be provided during your round and once the Competition has finished we are laying-on a traditional English “high tea” in the Club House which will be followed by the prize-giving.
During the day arrangements have been made for you and your guests to visit the Club’s Museum which could almost be described as a “shrine to golf” it contains so many significant artefacts, mementoes and memorabilia!
1. The Competition will be on a Stableford score, which is based on the net score against the par of the hole after taking off the individual handicap. The score will be as follows:-
- Hole is an albatross (2 below par) – the score will be 4 points
- Hole is a birdie (1 below par) – the score will be 3 points
- Hole is a par (Level par for the hole) – the score will be 2 points
- Hole is a 1 over par – the score will be 1 point
- Anything from 2 over par upwards – no points for the hole
2. Maximum handicap for ladies will be 36 points and maximum for gentlemen will be 24 points
3. There are no additional allowances for any individuals to cover SCOPE which is not used on most courses in the British Isles.
4. The maximum number tee-ing off in any competition will be 4 and the minimum number will be 3. All players to swap their cards with one of the other members of the same team. At the end of the competition both players and markers will check and sign all cards before handing them in.
5. All players will have proper golf equipment, e.g. recognised golf shoes and proper shirts. For ladies this will be with proper golf top with collar attached. Anybody wearing shorts will ensure they have proper golf socks.
6. The ISSA Golf Trophies will be awarded for the overall winner (not to be retained), runner-up (not to be retained) and Ladies Winner (not to be retained). Other prizes which you will retain (!) will include nearest the pin, longest drive and nearer the line on the hole. Other prizes will be announced on the day.
7. Please ensure that you are ready to start your round at the allotted time which will be communicated to you well in advance and posted prominently on the Course.